Monthly Food Distribution at ULC
In partnership with the Greater Lansing Food Bank and University United Methodist Church our members and other volunteers gather monthly to host a food distribution for those experiencing financial hardship. This mobile food pantry provides free, fresh and non-perishable food items, from which clients choose to take what they need. This is a valuable opportunity to help struggling families in our community!
Distributions typically take place on the fourth Thursday of the month. See distribution dates and details below.
Volunteers are needed onsite from 1:30 - 5:30 pm. but any assistance is appreciated, such as set-up or delivering food to homebound clients. For more information on how you (including students) can participate in this important ministry, please contact Bryan Rahe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Distribution Information For our Clients
Upcoming Distribution Dates
- Registration begins(Registration is done at each distribution and each family should register separately.) There is an option of registering yourself on your own cell phone. If you register using your own cell phone, show the screen saying completed with the time and date to a volunteer.
- The food distribution begins if food has arrived. Open your trunk or rear of the vehicle before the food islands.
- Distribution ends unless we run out of food earlier.
If You Are Homebound
- If you are homebound and need food delivered on one of the distribution dates, please email Clarke Anderson or call the church office at 517-332-2559 to request a delivery.
- We have limited delivery capacity. Please call early in the month and no later than the Monday before a food distribution date.